An Android widget that shows random pictures from the Flickr
As a standard Android widget, it works with all hosts that support
those, including alternative home screens like dxTop, OpenHome,
The latest version is 1.3.9b,
Beautiful Pictures are available in Google's official
Android Market for a small
cost. A trial version is also available.
Alternatively, the trial version can also be downloaded here from
- Actually make the demo version expire.
- "Eclair-ready" (compiled against 2.0).
- Fixed a bug introduced in previous version which crashed the app when trying to view an image.
- Changed demo version to a trial: Now with all features, but expires.
- Fixed various auto-rotation issues.
- Fixed header auto-fadeout in case of download failure.
- Use custom update scheduling, which now updates each widget individually, thus preventing the actual widget update times from clumping more and more together over time.
- Added preference to configure the widget update frequency, globally for all widgets.
- Fixed bug in demo that was using up the maximum allowed widget count due to phantom records.
- Added option(s) to automatically rotate to make the proportions of the image fit those of the screen.
- Some basic usage information is now included and will be shown when the user clicks "Open" in the market.
- Background loading of high-quality image no longer resets on orientation change.
- Directly link to Flickr's mobile site. Faster, and better usability for BACK button.
- Much improved interface to view a single image (includs more space to display the actual image content!), but mostly as preparation for things to come.
- Interface now allows opening the Flickr page in the browser.
- More minor fixes.
Just some minor stability fixes.