A World Of Photo
Loosely inspired by the traditional "Spin the Bottle",
A World Of Photo is a casual, geo-multiplayer online game
with with a social touch.
By spinning their phone, players select a peer who will spontaneously
take a picture using their mobile camera and send it to them. The
selected player then continues the thread by spinning herself.
The latest version is 1.1.9b,
A World of Photo is available in Google's official
Android Market in both
a free and a donate version.
Alternatively, the free version can also be downloaded from this site.
- Retired our custom crash reporting in favor of Google's new built-in reporting facility (available starting with Froyo).
- Fixed the donate version, was broken in the last release.
- Fixed: Previous version broke custom sound selections.
- Fixed: Connection always failed on some devices running 2.2.
- Allow installation on external storage on 2.2 devices.
- Fixed: The Vibrate setting now works correctly.
- Includes translations that we missing in 1.1.0 release.
- Allow for selection of custom notification tones. This also automatically enables a "silent" option as well.
- Saved images are now stored in a custom folder in the Gallery.
- New "Share" option when viewing a photo.
- Fixed rating bar display on high resolution phones like the Droid or N1.
- Include high-resolution icons for HDPI screens.
- Added a handful new languages (Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Arabic).
- The "nag to rate" mechanism which intercepts BACK in the photo view is now less aggressive and hopefully works better.
- Fixed crash in Central.
- Removed idle threats about reputation points.
- Support responding to rating-only messages.
- Attempt to fix various sending photo issues on the Droid (sometimes involving hangs and crashes apparently), though I am kind of shooting in the dark at this point.
- You may now access preferences, help and the feedback option on the setup screen.
- Added French, Russian and Spanish translations.
- Fixed issue with losing a connection during an upload.
- Lock orientation during spinning.
- Added option to distort the own position.
- Improve ability to have the app run in the background.
- Fixed various potential crashes.
- Built against 1.6 ("Donut-ready").